LinkedIn Marylhurst University Career Network
The Office of Career Services encourages you to join the official LinkedIn Marylhurst University Career Network that is exclusive for current students and alumni. The goal with the network is to foster networking, professional development, and to help you stay in touch with what’s happening in the Marylhurst community. Visit the Career Services webpage for the link and additional information.
Parking on the university campus is free to registered students. You are required to honor fire lanes, parking spaces with the disability logo, and all posted signs and parking restrictions. Marylhurst University is not responsible for articles lost or stolen from cars; cars should be locked and, for evening classes, parked in well-lighted areas. Cars should not be left unattended overnight without approval from Campus Safety. For more information, call 503.534.7000.
Location: BP John Administration Building, ground floor south
A full-service U.S. Post Office is located on the ground floor, south end, of BP John Admin. Building. Hours are Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm. The Post Office is closed for most major holidays.
Publications and Information Sources
- Marylhurst University Catalog - The Marylhurst University Catalog is the university’s official source of information about courses, degree requirements and academic policies. It is published annually online at catalog.marylhurst.edu.
- Student Handbook - The university publishes this Student Handbook. It includes information to help new students acclimate and to update current students. It contains important university policies including student rights and responsibilities, student conduct code, grievance procedures, and policies related to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act.
- Monthly Student E-Newsletter - An electronic newsletter is distributed monthly to all students.
- My Marylhurst - Online student services are available at my.marylhurst.edu.
- Schedule of Courses - The annual Schedule of Courses showing course listings for the academic year is published online at my.marylhurst.edu/soc.
- University Website - Consult the website at www.marylhurst.edu for current information on programs, events and policies concerning the university and its students, faculty and staff.
Other items of interest include:
- Alumni Network - The Office of Alumni Relations endeavors to create opportunities for extending and deepening
the intellectual, social and professional relationships among Marylhurst graduates and current students. Activities include: Marylhurst Reunion Weekend, Portland-area alumni activities, alumni gatherings throughout the United States, and online opportunities to connect all alumni. Students are invited to participate in most alumni activities. For information about upcoming events, call the Office of Alumni Relations at 503.534.4059 or visit marylhurst.edu/alumni.
- M Review - With guidance from a faculty adviser, students plan, manage, and execute all aspects of this online literary journal. M Review is an annual publication of literary fiction, social and literary criticism, memoir, poetry and visual art by writers and artists from all over the world. Contact the Department of Literature & Art for information.
- Social Media - Marylhurst University is present on several social media channels. Join the Marylhurst community online at
Public telephones are located in the entrance of Shoen Library, the main entrance of Clark Commons, and outside the BP John Admin. Bldg. near the Office of Facilities (ground floor, north end of the building).
Tri-Met Bus Service
Marylhurst is served by Tri-Met bus line 35, which travels between downtown Portland and Oregon City. Bus tickets and passes can be purchased in the Campus Store. Tri-Met schedules are also available in the Campus Store, or on the Tri-Met website at trimet.org.